The North Carolina Educator Pipeline Collaborative, launched in Fall 2022 by the Public School Forum in partnership with the NC Office of the Governor, The Belk Foundation and John M. Belk Endowment, brings together teacher preparation partnerships from across the state including school districts, universities, and community colleges working to strengthen the educator pipeline.
Collaborative participants work together to share, develop, and implement policies and practices that will enhance and extend their efforts to recruit, prepare, support, and retain a diverse, highly effective educator workforce. By creating and strengthening connections between school districts, universities, and community colleges The Collaborative aims to address the gaps in our state’s educator pipeline and forge long-term partnerships focused on meeting the needs of their communities.
The main goals of the North Carolina Educator Pipeline Collaborative:
- Identify and understand the work of successful partnerships and programs;
- Develop a framework for effective teacher preparation partnerships across K-12, higher education, and workforce development that work to recruit, prepare, support and retain a diverse, high-quality educator pipeline;
- Support a cohort of teacher preparation partnerships in their development of programs that meet their context and community needs;
- Share findings and recommendations with school districts, higher education, and state leaders to promote best practices and advocate for policies and programs that will have a lasting impact on the teacher pipeline.
- Appalachian State University, Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, and Caldwell County Schools
- East Carolina University, Pitt Community College, and Pitt County Schools
- Elon University and Alamance Community College
- North Carolina A&T State University, Guilford Technical Community College, and Guilford County Schools
- North Carolina Central University, Durham Technical Community College, and Durham Public Schools
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Kannapolis City Schools
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke and Old Main STREAM Academy
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, Cape Fear Community College, and New Hanover County Schools