Thanks to quick actions on the part of federal, state and local leaders, North Carolina’s public schools have been able to develop incredible innovations to meet the needs of children and families during COVID-19. As we begin to transition from COVID relief to COVID recovery, the Public School Forum of NC recommends several actions that will continue to provide local schools sustained support, stability, and flexibility to meet the local needs of our communities.
- Stabilize school budgets to preserve new innovations
- Supplement — do not supplant — schools’ COVID recovery needs with federal and state funds targeted toward COVID relief
- Continue sustained investments that expand broadband to households across North Carolina
- Invest in school facility repair and rebuilding efforts to support safe teaching & learning environments
- Provide local school districts with multiple kinds of flexibility to transition into COVID recovery