- This event has passed.
Color of Education 2022
October 22 @ 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Color of Education is a partnership between the Dudley Flood Center for Educational Equity & Opportunity, the Public School Forum of North Carolina, the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity at Duke University, and the Center for Child and Family Policy at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy. Sandra Wilcox Conway of Conway and Associates also provides key partnership design for Color of Education. The partnership seeks to build bridges across the fields of research, policy, and practice and bring together the knowledge and perspectives of communities, educators, policymakers, experts and other key stakeholders focused on achieving racial equity and dismantling systemic racism in education across the state of North Carolina. The 2022 summit will allow participants to see the connection between the past and the present to develop a deeper understanding on current educational policies which ultimately impact outcomes.
The key objectives for the 2022 Color of Education Summit include:
(1) Making historical connections between the past and the present
(2) Examining policy impact on past and present events
(3) Networking with practioners and advocates
(4) Modeling equitable practices and strategies
(5) Providing resources for application
(6) Participating in a call to action to create next needed steps or action plans
Theme: A Walk Through History: How the Past Informs the Present
Ticket Costs: In-Person $85 – (Price includes breakfast, lunch, and networking reception with live entertainment) & Virtual $60