Today is a special day for our show—over the last 5 and a half years, we have been so fortunate to produce 200 episodes of Education Matters that tell the story of why public education in North Carolina is so important for our children, families, and communities. We have had discussions ranging from the potential impacts of school-related legislation to spotlighting the many innovations that educators implement across our schools. To mark this milestone, we have with us today the North Carolina Teachers of the Year from the last 5 years, who will share their reflections as well as their hopes and predictions for the years to come for North Carolina public education.
- Eugenia Floyd, 2021 NC Teacher of the Year
- Maureen Stover, 2020 NC Teacher of the Year
- Mariah Morris, 2019 NC Teacher of the Year
- Freebird McKinney, 2018 NC Teacher of the Year
- Lisa Godwin, 2017 NC Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Dudley Flood