Eggs & Issues Breakfast
Each year, The Public School Forum gathers hundreds of business, education, and government leaders in Raleigh to talk about the most pressing education issues facing North Carolina that will drive policy debate during the upcoming legislative session. The annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast also debuts the Public School Forum’s Top Ten Education Issues for the year.
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019, the Public School Forum of North Carolina hosted its 5th Annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast at the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. This special event began in 2015 to showcase the Forum’s release of its annual Top Ten Education Issues – our unique take on the state’s most pressing issues in education. The 2019 Eggs & Issues Breakfast included a special taping of our weekly TV show “Education Matters” featuring an All-Star panel of students and educators.
2019 Presenting Sponsor
2019 Education Pacesetter Sponsors
Top 10 Education Issues for 2019
- Renew North Carolina’s Commitment to Public Schools for the Public Good
- Target Rural North Carolina’s Unique Education Challenges
- Directly Address Persistent Racial Inequities in North Carolina’s Schools
- Seize Historic Opportunity to Advance Adequacy and Equity in School Funding
- Recognize that Teacher Recruitment and Retention Starts with Professional Treatment
- Strengthen Charter School and Private School Voucher Transparency and Accountability
- Eliminate Stress and Stigma in Testing and Accountability Policy
- Start at the Top by Investing in School Leaders
- Thoughtfully and Strategically Invest in School Safety
- Focus on Whole Child, Whole Day