Eggs & Issues Breakfast
Each year, The Public School Forum gathers hundreds of business, education, and government leaders in Raleigh to talk about the most pressing education issues facing North Carolina that will drive policy debate during the upcoming legislative session. The annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast also debuts the Public School Forum’s Top Ten Education Issues for the year.
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019, the Public School Forum of North Carolina will host its 5th Annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast at the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. This special event began in 2015 to showcase the Forum’s release of its annual Top Ten Education Issues – our unique take on the state’s most pressing issues in education. The 2019 Eggs & Issues Breakfast will include a special taping of our weekly TV show “Education Matters” featuring an All-Star panel of students and educators. Breakfast will start at 7:30 AM. The program will begin at 8:00 AM and conclude by 9:30 AM.
This event is SOLD OUT. A recording of the event will be available online, as well as the panel discussion, which will air on Education Matters the weekend of January 26-27, 2019.
2019 Presenting Sponsor
2019 Education Pacesetter Sponsors
Top 10 Education Issues for 2018
- Provide Certainty for Students, Parents and All Educators by Fixing the Class Size Crisis
- Adequately and Equitably Invest in Our Children’s Education, Including Their School Buildings
- Insist on Transparency & Accountability for School Choice Programs
- Recruit and Retain the Best and Brightest Teachers and Principals
- Once Again, Fix the Faulty A-F School Grading System
- Scale Up Successes for Our State’s Struggling Schools
- Adopt a Whole Child Approach to Health and Learning
- Pursue Outcomes-Focused Strategies Toward Racial Equity
- Keep Building Upon North Carolina’s Investments in Early Childhood Education
- For Those Who Govern Our State’s Public Schools, Do It Well (And Together)