Eggs & Issues Breakfast
Each year, The Public School Forum gathers hundreds of business, education, and government leaders in Raleigh to talk about the most pressing education issues facing our state. Now in its third year, the annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast is an opportunity for the organization to release its Top Ten Education Issues for the year.
Eggs & Issues 2017
On January 25, 2017, the Public School Forum of North Carolina will hosted its 3rd Annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast at Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. This special event began in 2015 to showcase the Forum’s release of its annual Top Ten Education Issues – our unique take on the state’s most pressing issues in education.
The 2017 Eggs & Issues Breakfast featured a special taping of Education Matters, the Forum’s weekly television show that airs on WRAL-TV. Our special guest for the show was Governor Roy Cooper, who sat down for a one-on-one discussion with Forum President & Executive Director and Education Matters host Keith Poston.
The Eggs & Issues Breakfast is one of the most anticipated education events each new year with a sellout crowd of over 200 members of the business community, educators, and government representatives attending.
2017 Presenting Sponsor
2017 Education Pacesetter Sponsor
2017 Supporting Sponsor
Top 10 Education Issues for 2017
- Exercise Strong Education Leadership for North Carolina’s Children
- Fund North Carolina’s Public Schools Fairly and Adequately
- Make Teaching in North Carolina Great Again
- Improve Access, Equity, and Accountability in School Choice
- Overhaul Principal Pay and Invest in Preparing the Next Generation of School Leaders
- Maintain a Strong Focus on Race in Public Education
- Improve Grade-Level Reading through Comprehensive Investments in Early Childhood
- Enable the Transition to Personalized, Digital-Age Learning Models
- Create Meaningful and Streamlined Assessments
- Increase Support for the State’s Struggling Schools