Eggs & Issues Breakfast
Each year, The Public School Forum gathers hundreds of business, education, and government leaders in Raleigh to talk about the most pressing education issues facing North Carolina. Now in its fourth year, the annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast debuts the Public School Forum’s Top Ten Education Issues for the year.
On January 24, 2018, the Public School Forum of North Carolina hosted its 4th Annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast at the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. This special event began in 2015 to showcase the Forum’s release of its annual Top Ten Education Issues – our unique take on the state’s most pressing issues in education. The 2018 Eggs & Issues Breakfast included a special taping of our weekly TV show “Education Matters” hosted by Keith Poston featuring a panel of education leaders.
2018 Presenting Sponsor
2018 Education Pacesetter Sponsor
Top 10 Education Issues for 2018
- Provide Certainty for Students, Parents and All Educators by Fixing the Class Size Crisis
- Adequately and Equitably Invest in Our Children’s Education, Including Their School Buildings
- Insist on Transparency & Accountability for School Choice Programs
- Recruit and Retain the Best and Brightest Teachers and Principals
- Once Again, Fix the Faulty A-F School Grading System
- Scale Up Successes for Our State’s Struggling Schools
- Adopt a Whole Child Approach to Health and Learning
- Pursue Outcomes-Focused Strategies Toward Racial Equity
- Keep Building Upon North Carolina’s Investments in Early Childhood Education
- For Those Who Govern Our State’s Public Schools, Do It Well (And Together)