For more than 35 years, the Public School Forum of North Carolina has worked to advance equitable educational opportunity through research, policy work, programs, advocacy, and continuing education for educators and policymakers. We are a nonprofit partnership of leaders from business, education, and government that makes significant contributions to K-12 public education in North Carolina. In addition to research and analysis in the public policy arena, the Forum runs multiple programs, including the NC Center for Afterschool Programs (NC CAP), the North Carolina Resilience and Learning Project, the North Carolina Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP), the Dudley Flood Center for Educational Equity and Opportunity (Flood Center) and the Rural Teacher Leader Network (RTLN). Since 2016, the Forum has hosted a weekly television program, Education Matters, which airs on WRAL-TV and UNC-TV’s NC Channel.
The Forum seeks a part-time Senior Manager of Operations to support the operational, organization, and fundraising work of the organization, including supporting the Board of Directors and major annual Forum events. The Forum seeks a flexible, driven team player with a deep commitment to educational equity and opportunity and at least 10 years of experience in managing processes and operations. The person in this role has the opportunity to use creativity and other strengths to improve organization and operations of the Forum. The preferred start date for this position is September 1, 2022.
- Provide overall support and organization for the Forum’s team with a specific focus on development and Board relations.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Strategic Partnerships, and the Director of Finance and Administration to continuously improve the operations of the Forum.
- Support Human Resource policies and procedures and IT coordination in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Coordinate and project manage Forum events, including our annual Jay Robinson Awards Gala, Eggs & Issues Breakfast, Color of Education Summit and other Town Hall/Advocacy related convenings.
- Coordinate logistics for Board and Advisory Board meetings, including the preparation of meeting minutes and meeting materials.
- Manage and maintain the donor database ensuring that all information remains current and accurate and lead the gift entry and donor acknowledgement process.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Director of Strategic Partnerships, coordinate development-related communications and help support grant application/reporting efforts.
- Lead the project management of Board committees, partner meetings, and other partnership support.
- Other duties as assigned by Forum staff.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the Public School Forum’s mission.
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and relational skills; self-starter; exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexibility, drive, and willingness to work as a team player to meet organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Donor database experience. The Forum uses DonorPerfect, but experience with other databases is also helpful.
This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours/week with an hourly rate of $36 to $44 per hour depending on experience. Most of the work can be done remotely. The Public School Forum offers the following benefits to employees: competitive compensation commensurate with experience, a generous 401K retirement plan; and personal leave policy. The Public School Forum of NC is a 35 year old nonprofit organization and not a state employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of the Public School Forum to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Manager of Operations.” Applications will be reviewed beginning August 11, 2022. Direct any questions related to this position to Rhonda van Dijk at email@example.com.
Public School Forum of NC
1017 Main Campus Drive, Suite 2300
Raleigh, NC 27606